MofiNetworks releases firmware updates typically once a month; so chances are your device is probably needs an update. You may also be forced to update your device if the firmware is outdated or no longer supported for the LTE module being used. If you are having an issue with the modem and it cannot be resolved by any other troubleshooting steps, it may be time to check the firmware and ensure it is updated. Below are the steps to flashing a firmware update to your Mofi4500.
Note: You will need to have a laptop or computer with either Firefox or Internet Explorer web browsers (Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge are not compatible)
1. Verify you are connected to your Mofi4500 router by either an ethernet (hardwire) connection or to the Mofi wireless network. This wireless network name by default is MofiNetworkXXXX, with the XXXX being the last 4 of your device's serial number. If your WiFi is in default settings than the WiFi should not have a password.
2. Log into the router by opening Firefox or Internet Explorer and typing in the default IP address (192.168.10.1) into the URL bar. On the log-in screen navigate to the Password Field and enter: admin followed by clicking on the "Login" button.
3. Navigate down on the left-hand side to +System > Manually Flash Firmware and click Manually Flash Firmware
4. Click on the "Browse" button and select the updated firmware file on your computer. In the picture below I saved the firmware file to my computer's desktop. (The most recent firmware file is attached to this article at the bottom, you can also find it on the Mofi website here.)
5. Once you have selected the appropriate firmware file, click the "Flash Image" button. NOTE: Be sure to only download the firmware for the specific Mofi device you are using. These steps and the attached firmware file are for the MOFI4500-4GXELTE-V3; if you are not using the Mofi4500-4GXELTE-V3 device, refer here.
6. On the next screen click on the "Proceed" Button. This will then begin the flashing firmware process.
7. Once the firmware has been updated, you can check to see if it was successful, by logging back into the Mofi using steps 1 and 2. Navigate down to "Status" and verify the firmware name matches the one you intended to use.If you have any difficulty with this process, click HERE to view a Youtube video on this process.
NOTE: If you are not able to log into your Mofi4500 router at all and see that your power light is blinking and will not stop blinking after 5 minutes, you will need to do a manual restoration to your device's firmware. Click here for instructions on restoring your Mofi4500 to "out of box" configuration.
Please file a support ticket and a support representative will reach out to assist you if you are not able to resolve this issue.
From the Mofi Network Website regarding the latest firmware updates/ firmware releases:
NOTE THAT IS IT IMPORTANT TO VERIFY YOUR MODEL BEFORE DOING THIS UPDATE
This download is only for the MOFI4500-4GXeLTE V3 version.
If you have a V1 or V2 version, you need to use the other download section.
To know what model you have, check the bottom of the router and it will show the s/n number
If it is a V3 model, it will say that in the serial number of the router.
If you want to see a video on how to do the firmware update, you can look at it here:
MOFI RECOVERY INSTRUCTIONS:
If your router’s power does not come on and flash or have an issues that is serious,
you can try to do a recovery as it is possible to have this fixed.
Things you will need beforehandto perform recovery:
- The MOFI4500 V3 router itself (to verify ifyou have a V3 router, you could just flip over the router and on the bottom ofthe unit your serial number should say something like MOFI4500V3….)
- A computer/laptop with an Ethernet port onit
- An Ethernet cable
- A working internet connection to downloadthree files (the instruction file, recovery file and the latest firmware)
- Instruction document to perform recovery:
You will need to download and save this firmware to your PC if you want to do a recovery
https://mofinetwork.com/firmware/mofi4500v3/MOFI4500V3_RECOVERY.bin (note this cannot be used on a V1 or V2 model, only the V3 model)
Firmware 1.3.7std (For all providers)
Date Released: April 28 2022
CLICK HERE TO SAVE FIRMWARE 1_3_7std
Instructions on how to update the router:
To do the firmware update, you must connect to the router with a network cable from your pc to the router or connect to the wifi.
Suggest to use Internet Explorer, Firefox or Safari web browser to do this update.
1) Power on router and connect to port 1-4 on the back of the router or connect to the wifi network on the router
2) After router is completed booting up (takes approx 60 seconds) and power light is solid, open up your internet explorer, firefox or safari)
3) In the address bar, enter
4) Click on basic mode on the top right and then click on the system system on the side
5) Click on Manually Flash Firmware which is located under System
6) Uncheck “Keep Settings” and click on Browse… or Choose File
7) Locate the file that you saved and click on Open
8) Click on “Upload image”
If the checksum is not the same as listed here, delete the file you have and re-download it.
9) Click “Proceed” to start the update process (may take up to 2 mins).
When the power light starts to blink, the update is completed and the router is rebooting.
10) After update is completed and power light is solid, you will be prompt to log in
If not, make sure you are connect to the router via wifi or Ethernet and go back to the log in
11) After you are logged in, do a factory default that is located in basic mode then system then factory default.
Do the default and that would complete all the steps for this update.
1.3.7 – Disable Auto MTU and Auto MSS by default (you can turn this on if you need to)
1.3.7 – Updated APN’s of Bell, Rogers and Telus
1.3.7 – Added PIA VPN
1.3.7 – Added CyberGhost VPN
1.3.7 – Added FAST.com Speedtest in addtion to Speedtest.net
1.3.7 – Added Speedtest to ACS (can now run a speed test directly from the remote management portal)