The below instructions will walk you through enabling both UPnP and Port Forwarding. Neither and or both need to be enabled for a working internet connection, but do help if you are using a gaming console or security cameras.
1. Log into your MOFI User Interface (dashboard) by first connecting to the Mofi's wifi network or by using a direct LAN connection with an ethernet cable between your laptop and/ or computer and LAN1 port on the MOFI. If connecting over wifi, be sure you are connecting to the MOFI's wifi network (The default wifi network is "MofiNetworkXXX" unless you've manually changed the MOFI's SSID to something different). If you have changed the default wifi info or you do not see this wifi info populate on your device, you may need to factory reset your mofi by pressing down the reset button (small button inside a hole next to the power cable hole) for 20 full seconds. This reset will change the wifi back to default settings. Reboot the connected device your using 3-4 minutes after doing this.
2. Once you've verified your device (phone, tablet, laptop, computer, etc) is connected to your MOFI (you DO NOT need a working internet connection to log in and or access your MOFI's (UI) dashboard), open up an approved web browser such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer (DO NOT use Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome), and type into the URL bar the follow gateway IP for your MOFI: 192.168.10.1 . Hit enter or go on your URL bar so that the search engine will search that IP address.
3. You should be brought to the MOFI's UI homepage which looks like the below picture. If you are not, please verify your device is connected to the MofiNetwork wifi and then try again. (Some phones will default to a LTE connection and ignore the wifi connection if there is no working internet and if this is the case for you, please put the phone or tablet info airplane mode to disable the LTE connection). The default log in information is: Username: root Password: admin. Hit Login once credentials are entered.
4. Enabling Auto Port Forwarding : Click on the menu setting tab "+Network" and then select "Auto Port Forwarding". Click the checkbox on the top of the page next to "Enable Auto Port forwarding". Click the box again (unchecked) to leave it disabled. Lastly, click on "Save & Apply" to save and apply those config changes. A reboot of the device is recommended after applying those configuration changes. See example picture below
5. Enabling UPnP: Click on the menu setting tab "+Network" and then select "UPNP". Click the checkbox on the top of the page next to "Start UPnP and NAT-PMP service". Click the box again (unchecked) to leave it disabled. Click the checkbox next to "Enable UPnP functionality" to enable UPnP and click the box again to disable/ turn off UPnP. Click the checkbox next to "Enable NAT-PMP functionality" to enable feature and click the box again to disable/ turn off the feature. Lastly, click on "Save & Apply" to save and apply those config changes. A reboot of the device is recommended after applying those configuration changes. See example picture below